If you have a dispute, for example either someone believes you owe them money, or you think they owe you money, you can register in MI-Resolve, and as long as you provide the other person’s email address and contact information, the system will invite them to have a conversation online with you and a trained mediator to see if you can resolve the matter.
The MI-Resolve Civil System is designed to help resolve civil issues such as:
- Living arrangements and loans not formalized with a lease or legal contract
- Landlord-Tenant disputes on rental deposits or damages
- Distribution of property after a relationship
- Contract matters under $25,0000
- Contract cancellation prior to completion of all work
- Quality of home or vehicle repairs
- Disputes over billing for professional services
- Collection of wages after job termination
- Neighbor disputes involving use of property
The service is free and there is no cost to the parties or court.
Click on MI-Resolve Civil to start resolving your matter.