Links & Resources
For Mediation Participants
- 11th Circuit Court Alger
- 25th Circuit Court Marquette
- Friend of the Court Handbook
- Legal Services of Northern Michigan
http://www.lsnm.org/Legal Service of Northern Michigan (LSNM) is a non-profit organization which provides legal assistance in civil matters (non-criminal) to eligible low income persons. LSNM does not charge for its service. However, clients may be required to pay court costs if the Court does not grant a waiver of those costs. Applicants must meet LSNM’s income and asset guidelines. Only persons who meet the income and asset guidelines can be considered for services.
- Marquette County Friend of the Court Suggested Readings
- Marquette County Probate Court
- Marquette General Health System Parent Center
http://ww4.mgh.org/wcc/SitePages/Home.aspxThe Women’s & Children’s Center at Marquette General Health System offers many opportunities for parents to find help with this hard and important task called “PARENTING”.
- Michigan Child Support Guidelines
- Michigan Legal Help
- Michigan Parenting Time Guidelines
http://courts.mi.gov/administration/scao/resources/documents/publications/manuals/focb/pt_gdlns.pdfParenting time is the time that a child spends with his or her parent. A child needs both parents’ affection and support. When the parents do not live together, separate parenting time lets each parent continue to develop a strong relationship with the child.
- Michigan Special Education Mediation Program
- Tenants & Landlords Guide
- Association for Conflict Resolution
http://www.acrnet.org/The Association for Conflict Resolution is a professional organization dedicated to enhancing the practice and public understanding of conflict resolution.
- Mediate.com- The World’s Dispute Resolution channel
http://www.mediate.comWith over 5,000 articles and videos, and over 4 million annual visitor sessions, Mediate.com is the world’s leading mediation web site. Mediate.com serves as a bridge between professionals offering mediation services and people considering mediation services.
- Mediation training and consultation institute
http://learn2mediate.comOn-site, online and on DVD; Zena Zumeta and the Mediation Training and Consultation Institute offer a range of mediation training opportunities to suit your needs.
- Standards of Conduct for Mediators
- State Bar of Michigan- Alternative Dispute Resolution
http://www.michbar.org/sections/homeThe Alternative Dispute Resolution Section provides members of the State Bar of Michigan and the general public with creative leadership in the dispute resolution field.
- State Court Administrative Office-Office of Dispute Resolution
http://courts.mi.gov/administration/scao/officesprograms/odr/pages/community-dispute-resolution-program.aspxThe Office of Dispute Resolution (ODR) coordinates alternative dispute resolution services of the State Court Administrative Office.
If you find a link that is no longer working, please let us know. (While we try to maintain useful and appropriate links, please remember that we are not responsible for the websites or content to which we are linking.)